Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Humidity hair! OMG...I fn hate it!

Default Humidity hair! OMG...I fn hate it!

Okay, I am going back to Honolulu at the end of November. I went in
    June, and have not one decent picture of myself because my hair is a fuzzy wavy ugly mess. I blow it out straight, use the hot rollers to make it smooth and sleek, but the second the humidity hits...well it totally sucks. Aside from wearing a hat the whole time, does anyone have any cures for this? Is there some super gel or spray?
    Thanks in advance you guys.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Humidity fro here, too. I begged my hair dresser to find a permanent solution, no matter how invasive and he said, "Here's a permanent solution for you. Accept your hair."

He gave me a haircut that makes my hair even curlier and fro it is now. If you ask for that kind of hair cut, your stylist knows what to do (something with "spirals"). It makes the curls nice and bouncy and I get less frizziness. More dread locks, but less frizziness.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

honestly I think you will have to learn to live with your natural hair texture. when i'm in humid climates i mostly don't even attempt to try and straighten my hair.. it never ends up how i want it.
    garnier sleek and shine worked fairly well.. the best ones anti-humidity products i've used were by tigi and also one by paul mitchell.

If you find out, let us know!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Sprynkles, don't you live in Seattle? That's one more reason to accept it, there is no escaping the humidity in Seattle.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Sprynkles, don't you live in Seattle? That's one more reason to accept it, there is no escaping the humidity in Seattle.
    I know...grrr! It looks so nice if I don't ever go outside!
    I think I'll try letting it do it's thing. But I will be scrunching. I don't
    get nice ringlette curls. Just fuzzy waves.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I did, too, I swear. And then my crazy ass hairdresser gave me that spirale haircut and now I got nice locks that flow into each other, rather than fighting against the rest of the head.
    -Bugdoll-

fgg

i also have a curly, frizzy mess. i am going to get a keratin treatment. it doesn't change the texture or composition of your hair like japanese straightening does. pulls out the frizz, leaves volume and lasts 3 months. i'm going to get it done in the next few weeks so i'll report back.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I have same issues. Though my hair is pretty straight naturally, it just gets frizzy in humidity. HATE IT. Especially after you take the time to DO IT.
    I have used numerous frizz taming products as well, from the least expensive to the most expensive. None worked that well imho. I am using a few different Dove products currently, and while they are not expensive--they work only semi ok.

Nice,fun ponytails and different updo's might be another option if your hair is long enough.

Good luck. I feel for you.

sign me up with the rest of you. I have a head full of naturally curly, overly thick hair! It's a pain in the ass. Its so heavy, I have to keep layers all the time. I need Chilly to tell me exactly what her hairdresser did to her hair.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Humidity and damp weather and I look like I'm trying to bring the afro back all by myself. I've yet to find a product that actually helps so when you gals figure it out let me know!!!

i agree with chilly...acceptance is key & finding somebody who can work with your hair to make it curl into itself. i've been going to the same hairdresser since i was a kid & she just really knows my hair & knows exactly what to do with curls...sometimes i think that i love her more than life itself.

i so feel ya on this...i have jimmy page hair anytime it gets even a bit humid. i've finally just embraced it & use hardly any product...it's been freeing, honestly.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

You can try Moroccan Oil, it's not foolproof, but it does take a lot of oomph out of the humidty frizzies.

Man, I'm right with you too. My hair is NOT curly--only slightly wavy but frizzy as shit. Once when I was on a tour in the jungle in Puerto Vallarta, the tour guide actually made fun of me because my hair got all puffy. Last year, I had general anaesthesia and my hair freaked out even worse after that--fell out big time and came in an even worse texture.

For me, the key is hydration and coating. I don't shampoo every day, but I do always either use a major, major conditioner like the kinds you get in a box of hair coloring that are super thick and buttery, or use Aveda's thickening clay conditioner because it adds weight and coats well. When I get out of the shower and dry my hair, I then put on Alba's leave-in conditioner that is very moisturizing. THEN, I use either Aveda's Sap Moss concentrate (which sadly, is being discontinued), or Sebastian's laminating drops, which is specifically designed to smooth frizzy hair and works pretty well. But overall, all of these things work only about half of the time for me. Today for instance, my hair is still frizzy crap. I'm pretty sure the surgery I had is responsible for my absolutely shitastic head of hair.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

My hair is half straight in the front and very wavy in the back. I tried this and it works pretty well to tame some of the frizz, plus it's cheap! It feels like a mousse/gel combined:

Tousled hairstyles - Tousle Me Softly mousse from Herbal Essences
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information