Thread: Under Eye Cover Up

Default Under Eye Cover Up

Help!?
    Any recommendations for under eye cover up. I'm fair skinned with dark circles.

Default Re: Under Eye Cover Up

I second your request! I have the same problem.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I'm the same - pale w/dark circles, and I've found a few things that are good:

1) Moisturize. Dermalogica has Vitamin E capsules that you dab on and if you use them consistently, they really help. They're kind of expensive, but each capsule lasts for 2-6 days, depending on how much/how often you use it: http://www.dermalogica.com/default2....ion=?&location=?

2) id's Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals in fair, applied with their concealer brush, has been very good to me. It blends well, and you don't make wrinkles worse by rubbing in a stick concealer. As long as you dab (never rub...dot & pat, as taught to me by Kyan from QE )on a moisturizer first, it shouldn't flake, either:
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C10470
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=5737

3) And of course, sleep...but who has time for that?

Bronze Member

There's no way you can get rid of your undereye circles completely but here are a couple of things that would help:

1. Exercise regularly and massage your eyes daily. Undereye circles can be caused by poor blood circulation.

2. Invest in a good concealer. For a list of concealer reviews, please check out:

http://makeupforlife.blogspot.com/20...r-reviews.html

3. Use an eye cream daily. Make sure your eye area is well hydrated and never ever rub your eyes.

4. Make sure you take off your eye makeup gently and completely. Dark circles can be caused by pigmentation.

SVZ

hey phylz glad to see you are here!

Gold Member

I don't have dark circles but I have a couple of capillaries. I use an eyecream then I tap on laura mercier secret concealer. I can't use foundation or powder on top because it looks cakey on me.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by Phylz
    There's no way you can get rid of your undereye circles completely but here are a couple of things that would help:

1. Exercise regularly and massage your eyes daily. Undereye circles can be caused by poor blood circulation.

2. Invest in a good concealer. For a list of concealer reviews, please check out:

http://makeupforlife.blogspot.com/20...r-reviews.html

3. Use an eye cream daily. Make sure your eye area is well hydrated and never ever rub your eyes.

4. Make sure you take off your eye makeup gently and completely. Dark circles can be caused by pigmentation.
    Could you clarify? The two phrases I highlighted seem to be contrary, unless I'm just misunderstanding you. Difference between massage and rubbing?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

SVZ

massage would be like, putting your fingers in the same spot and making circles...

rubbing would be causing friction, think of rubbing your hands together to stay warm, as opposed to kneeding someone's shoulders

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

bobbie brown has amazing undereye concealer for like $32.00 but I highly recommend it, it has a matching powder attached to it also. Not sure if they still make this though since I've had mine for so long b/c its lasted this long but works great. Got it from Nordstrom dept. store too. O i found it and it does come w/o the powder for $22.00
    http://store.nordstrom.com/product/p...tyleID=2875489

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/p...tyleID=2847123

trust me on this; i've had dark circles since I was a kid, it b/c of my italian nose and genetics on both sides of my family so i rely heavily on under eye concealer just to leave the house!

Zee

I also love the Bobbie Brown concealer. Just put a little moisturizer on before and it doesn't accent the fine lines. Lasts all day. I have a BB travel concealer that also has a correcting pigment and setting powder.

I am also extremely fair and my only pigment seems to be under my eyes.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Thank you ! I will try the Bobbie Brown. my sister suggested it too.
    I appreciate all the suggestions

did you ever try a highliter on top of your concealer? I went to the mac counter and the girl did it for me and I really liked the results alot.

Thread Information