Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puffy eyes

Default Puffy eyes

Hey guys - your advice is always awesome so I figured maybe you can offer some insight on this. I'm 24 and ALWAYS have bags under my eyes. No matter how much sleep I get, how much water I drink, etc...there are always at least a hint of bags. I've read all I can about this because I've become so caught up on it. Sleeping on my back isn't comfortable, so that's not an option. Cucumbers, cold packs, witch hazel all don't last. My mom and grandma both have bags as well, since we have pale thinner skin (german heritage.)

Are there any products you've had luck with?
    Any kinds of surgery I can consider? (It's only going to get worse with age, why not stave that off?)
    Or should I just get over myself, chalk it up to genes and constantly look 10 years older because I look exhausted?
    I've gained a bit of weight (3-4 pounds) in the last few months, could that make a difference?

Thanks for the advice in advance! Sorry it's not as exciting as, say, ball snarfing. We can't all be that interesting!
    Last edited by frecklered; October 7th, 2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: wording because I'm half awake
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Just the gene pool-you have to take the good with the bad!
    Try freezing wet tea bags. There is something in the tea that really helps. You will have to do it very often. Surgery can correct it-but that seems radical for you age. Just work with it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Avoid ALL dairy for a while and see if that helps. As an aside, I read recently that people of German heritage cannot handle dairy (bloats them) and should avoid it.

You could have an undiagnosed food allergy which is exacerbating the puffiness.
    Last edited by qwerty; October 7th, 2009 at 11:21 AM.

Make sure you're using the right color concealer as well. It won't help with the actual bags, but it will help with the color of said bags.

In makeup terms, peach toned concealer works for bluish undereye circles, and yellow toned is for purplish undereye circles.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; October 7th, 2009 at 01:49 PM.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Avoid ALL dairy for a while and see if that helps. As an aside, I read recently that people of German heritage cannot handle dairy (bloats them) and should avoid it.
    WTF?

You have reliable info on the digestive system of 82 million people? Impressive. Thanks for enlightening me. I'll remember not to drink milk.

*shakes head*
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

The information came from some blood type diet expert who takes ethnic heritage into account. That's what was said about Germans. I have no German blood and can't use myself as a guinea pig to determine if there's a shred of truth to what this person claims. Just passing something along that I found interesting and perhaps *could* help Frecklered.

I'm of german heritage and i can't handle dairy.. and i have bags! OMG I HAVE BAGS!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

or baggage.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I'm of german heritage and i can't handle dairy.. and i have bags! OMG I HAVE BAGS!

hahaha, I should just start a group. "Baggy Eyed German Dairyphobes"
    Then I guess Vince Vaughn would want to join, though. Ew.

I am dairy sensitive as well. No idea if it has to do with being German but I guess it'll be fun to take it out completely and see how I feel. I'll also freeze tea bags too - after they're brewed, right?
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by frecklered View Post
    hahaha, I should just start a group. "Baggy Eyed German Dairyphobes"
    Then I guess Vince Vaughn would want to join, though. Ew.

I am dairy sensitive as well. No idea if it has to do with being German but I guess it'll be fun to take it out completely and see how I feel. I'll also freeze tea bags too - after they're brewed, right?
    No-just wet first with plain ol'water. Then freeze. You want them full strength.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think I might take blood type diet advice with a grain of salt. It's like using a horoscope. You can't eat pineapple, you're an Aquarius!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I've had some limited success with the blood type diet. It's not for everyone of course, but I don't think it's woo woo science either. Every body is different and we're still learning about human nutritional needs all the time.

flecklered I have the same problem as you. Sometimes I think the more I sleep the better you see the bags I tried everything but nothing really helps.
    I think surgery in the eye area is very dangerous. If something would go wrong, you'd ruined your whole look... I would be very scared if I'd look totally different afterwards :-)

I bought a new cream last week. But I am too lazy to apply it every day I have to admit but if it works, I will tell you.

There's a product called "ooh la lift" from benefit which I find works when I get those sleep deprivation shadows under my eyes. It kinda tightens things up, reduces the puffiness and washes out the dark circles.

I'm gonna try that teabag trick though! Just regular black tea, yeah?
    I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future

I don't get the puffy eyes/bags, but I always have dark shadowy circles under my eyes - a combination of super-pale skin and deep set eyes, unfortunately. Generally, I CBF doing anything about it though. I prefer not to wear foundation/concealer, except for very special occasions, so I just don't won't worry about it really. Ok, I so tend to look like a consumptive panda... but meh! Remember, no one's flawless. Anyone looking at you has imperfections of their own. The bags probably aren't even half as bad or noticeable as you perceive them to be - as you say, you've become so caught up on it.

Definitely don't get surgery. It's such a risk to your appearance for such a little thing. Do you get hayfever or anything? Maybe sinus issues could be making you puffy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information