Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you recommend a good top lid eyeliner?

A*O

Default Can you recommend a good top lid eyeliner?

I am trying to find an easy to apply eyeliner for my top eyelids just behind the lashes. The liquid ones I've tried are very difficult to apply in an even sweep and the pencil ones are too hard so they 'drag' the skin creating a dotted line! Can you get a product that's half and half, almost like a felt-tip pen that goes on smoothly like a liquid but controllable like a pencil?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I like this one by L'Oreal:

Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner - Eyes - Eyeliner by L'Oréal Paris.

It's relatively easy to apply. It takes a few seconds to dry, but once it does, it stays on.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I use a cheapo one from Coloursport, it supposedly last 24 hours, dead easy to use and doesn't smudge. If I want a smudgy/smoking effect, I wait until it's dry and then go over the line with eyeshadow.

Boots sell it, usually near the false eyelashes and stuff.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I like the ones from Clinique.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I am trying to find an easy to apply eyeliner for my top eyelids just behind the lashes. The liquid ones I've tried are very difficult to apply in an even sweep and the pencil ones are too hard so they 'drag' the skin creating a dotted line! Can you get a product that's half and half, almost like a felt-tip pen that goes on smoothly like a liquid but controllable like a pencil?
    Yes! I use Cover Girl liquid pencil, just a cheapie. I've used more expensive liquid liners in the past and just found them difficult. This one is exactly like a felt-tip pen - the only thing is that the colour isn't all that saturated, so my charcoal grey looks slightly blue unless I really pile it on; if you went for a straight-up black it might look grey-ish, etc.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

this one's not a felt-tip, it's still a pencil but it's sooooo easy to put on, no dragging and creates a beautiful line. very soft but not one of those pencils that's so oily it may go on easily but it melts off really quickly. this one stays put.

sisley phyto-khol perfect eyeliner. i use it in the colour 'steel', it's a beautiful dark grey (i'm too pale to use black for every day liner). i'm in love with this liner. it also comes with a blender on the other end that's really easy to use. also comes with its own sharpener.
    it's not cheap. but it's one of those products you try once and get addicted to. at least i did.

gawd, i sound like i'm selling the shit.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O I feel your pain, I've tried about a bajillion different eyeliners trying to find the right one. The ones I've settled on are by Barry M. For a softer look I like their Intense Eyeliner Pens, they're kind of half-pencil, half-liquid and the tend to stay put really well (Barry M - Intense Eyeliner Pens), and for a more intense colour, their liquid eyeliner is great, it's a bit thicker than your average liquid eyeliner so it's much easier to use. (Barry M - Liquid Eyeliner).
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Have you tried a dark eyeshadow and a small angle brush? I have way more control with this technique and the dark eyeshadows really do stay put.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

I've had good success with two liquid liners:

- Almay's liner, specifically the one for eyecolor enhancement; and

- The Australian brand Bloom's liquid eyeliner

Both liners sweep across the top of my lash line fluidly.

mac has really soft pencils. they don't tug on the skin... mac also has this liquid eyeliner thats like a felt tip pen. i think its called "penultimate". really easy to apply.
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

I'm currently using gel liners (in pots) from Bobbi Brown. They stay put and come in all kinds of colors. Buy a skinny little brush to work with as well.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    I like this one by L'Oreal:

Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner - Eyes - Eyeliner by L'Oréal Paris.

It's relatively easy to apply. It takes a few seconds to dry, but once it does, it stays on.
    I use this one, it works very well for me.

A*O

Thanks ladies! I can get most of those brands here so I'll have a look. I'm relieved I'm not the only one here who has problems applying eyeliner!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I'm currently using gel liners (in pots) from Bobbi Brown. They stay put and come in all kinds of colors. Buy a skinny little brush to work with as well.
    I got this in two different colors (both browns). After a few hours, I tend to find that they look very harsh, possibly because they have really good staying power. I find the harshness aging, so I don't use them any more.

^Yep, I hear what you're saying. When I want a softer look, I use an eyeshadow in a purple color (I have blue eyes), dip the brush in water, and line my eyes with that. I have also found that using the gel eyeliner on the top lid and the damp eye shadow on the bottom is a good compromise. The dark liner really makes my eyes pop- I have blonde hair, blonde eyebrows, blonde eyelashes and I'm pale to begin with so I try to emphasize my eyes and have them stand out a little.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information