Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair issue

Default Hair issue

Just curious...

I used to wear my hair up in pony tails, twisted up with a big clamp, and in messy knots a lot but in the last year or more, any time I put it up (even in a clip) I get a huge headache.

Anyone else have this trouble? I would love to wear pony tails and messy knots all of the time but my head would explode (it hurts that bad).

Spose there's nothing I can do huh?
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Try these pony tail holders. They are quite inexpensive and are from Goody. I can pick them up in most drug stores. Look for the ones called "Stay Put", they have these little nubbly rubber parts that really hold on to your hair, but they are still easy to get out. I can put in a much looser pony with these and it really does stay put, hopefully that will help with the headaches.

...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Mines to my waist and thick and I live in Fl. Its beautiful when its down but I rarely wear it down, too hot. I Love up dos...I experiment all the time. My easiest is a poof in the front and pulled backed twisted around and pinned with bobby pins. its looks like twisted bun, easy and quick, but yes my neck kills me at times...
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

You must be tying up your hair really tight. This is what causes to give you headaches, cause I'm guessing it hurts your scalp.

May I suggest not making the ponytails so tight?
    A woman has the age she deserves.
    -Coco Chanel

You probably have a sensitive scalp. I have the same problem. Its selective though, some days it will be fine, other days the slightest pull will irritate the scalp. I try to stop the pain by loosening the ponytail or bun, because wearing hair down is not always my desire.

i get those too. i have heavy hair. sometimes i can alleviate it by moving the clip or pins, but it doesn't always work, and then i have to let it down.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Mines to my waist and thick and I live in Fl. Its beautiful when its down but I rarely wear it down, too hot. I Love up dos...I experiment all the time. My easiest is a poof in the front and pulled backed twisted around and pinned with bobby pins. its looks like twisted bun, easy and quick, but yes my neck kills me at times...
    Sounds so beautiful!!! I wish I could wear mine like this!

Thank you everyone! I have tried everything... loosening the pony tail holder, moving the clip to a different position, and I've tried those holders as well, Abbey Normal. It must be a lost cause for me. I was hoping a pill would take of it (lol) just kidding!

Even when I lightly pull it back and put a rubber band at the base of my neck (bottom of my head) it starts killing after 10 or 15 minutes.

Maybe your shampoo and/or conditioner are causing scalp sensitivity. Why not try switching brands and see what happens?

I have a similar problem, any time I wear a head band I end up with a horrible headache. Which is sad because I love headbands. :-) Is it the pressure on your scalp that is giving you a headache or is the tugging of the hair?
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

Have you tried pulling your hair back in a loose braid? that might help, for minimum tension on your scalp. Can you stand to pull your hair back even at the base of your neck, so it isn't a high ponytail?

Also are you under a lot of stress? Those could be tension headaches.

Oh boo, I thought the non-skid bands would help! Do you think maybe the problem is with your neck and a chiropractor might help? If you have really heavy hair and pull it all to the back, it may be tilting your head just right to put pressure on a nerve in your neck so you're getting headaches.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

I sometimes have this problem, as my hair is long and thick and I have to wear it up for my new job. Have you tried a twisty bun? Gather your hair in a low ponytail, and twist so it is like a roll. Then wind the twisted hair into a bun, secure with a clip.

I would also suggest the long hair care forum. They are real weirdos over there, but they have a lot of ideas for up dos that you can experiment with to see what works for you/
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

if all else fails... chop it off.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Have had the same problem. The headache is a sign that you put too much strain on your scalp/ roots. If you keep this up, your hair will start falling out.

Wear your hair down more often. Get it cut! Massage your scalp every now and then. If you do wear your hair up, don't pull it too tightly.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Thanks again everyone! That was a good idea about changing shampoo/cond, qwerty. I hadn't really given that any thought. I have used tre seme (sp?) forever and like I said, never thought of it being my shampoo/cond.

Maybe I should try that.. gosh I wouldn't know where to begin. I just go straight to my stand by and that's it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information