Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can men be taking to eyebrow-grooming?

Default Can men be taking to eyebrow-grooming?

Can men be taking to eyebrow-grooming? - Yahoo! News

LONDON (Reuters) British men are becoming increasingly interested in having their eyebrows professionally groomed, according to Debenhams department store which plans to hold men-only "guybrow" nights.
    Men, it said, now make up 40 percent of the visitors to its brow bars, double the proportion of a year ago.
    They are going for a treatment called "threading," an ancient method of hair removal which originated in India in which a thin twine of cotton thread is rolled over the offending area, plucking the hair from the follicle level.
    Unlike plucking, threading removes an entire row of hair at a time so is quicker, more accurate and less painful, the store says, although the treatment still smarts.
    Debenhams said its consumer research showed many men initially came for threading either in a bid to look good for a job interview, or at the behest of their fiancees as part of the wedding preparations.
    Most later return for regular appointments, it added.
    "As with self-tanning and facials, the taboo around eyebrow shaping is quickly disappearing," said Sara Stern, Director of Cosmetic Merchandising at Debenhams.
    She added in a statement: "Men are recognizing the power of a groomed brow to frame the face and create a sexy James Bond-style arch when raised.
    "The Neanderthal monobrow, famously displayed by Noel Gallagher, will soon be ancient history as alpha males look to cultivate dark, strong brows with the help of threading and dying.
    "The over-plucked feminine look favored by Sylvester Stallone however is a serious no-no. A quick tidy-up in the style of Jude Law is all that's needed."

lose the unibrow, but leave the rest alone. it's so strange looking when men have sculpted brows.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I ran into an old boyfriend (4 year relationship, 20 years ago) who had perfectly sculpted eyebrows. The first thing i said to him was, "Why would you do that to your eyebrows?!??!" and throughout the entire time I spent chatting with him, I couldn't stop staring at the eyebrows.

A*O

I'm sorry but waxed and groomed eyebrows on a guy scream GAY. Yeah, yeah, it's a double standard but that's how it is.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I advise all men to leave their eyebrows alone. Pluck the middle, everything else is for gays. Unless you want to look like Alexis Arquette.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I know sooo many men that groom their eyebrows. Some good some not so good
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

i dont like the caveman look but not when it gets too "metrosexual"either,
    eyebrow-grooming is good as long as it looks natural

if i had to choose i'll take the caveman over the plucked manbrows. hate men with sculpted brows. hate them. it doesn't even look good on gay men. it's just wrong.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Trimming more than the unibrow isn't sexy to me at all.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I think guys should do a little bit more eye grooming besides controlling the unibrow, like taming their eyebrows when it gets all hairy and messy:

Just sayin'.
    A woman has the age she deserves.
    -Coco Chanel

Elite Member

I trim DH's eyebrows...but he doesn't have thick ones so I don't do much. I will take small scissors and cut the grey ones that are long and squiggly.

Cleanup is good, but men should keep a little "imperfection" otherwise as another poster says, it screams GAY!!! (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
    beauty is only skin deep (where's the scalpel?)

I don't like waxed brows on dudes.
    If he has a unibrow, that's different but generally it's not hot, IMO.

Okay, old dude's have crazy brows sometimes, they need to groom.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Bronze Member

I'm lucky in that I get very little "unibrow" hair growth. Shaving or plucking in this region ALWAYS triggers acne, so I only take action once in a blue moon if I judge that such hairs are honestly visible at other people's viewing distances.

However, I do get indidual long eyebrow hairs (near the outer ends of my eyebrows) that stick up or down at angle due to extreme kinks and curliness that is characteristic of my hair type, which looks awful, and I trim these with scissors to compensate. This correction makes my eyebrows simply look normal. I'd never do anything to make them look unnaturally "groomed" or modified, or anything beyond what someone without my hair-kink trait would have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information