Thread: Can anyone explain Clarins Face Treatment oils?

Default Can anyone explain Clarins Face Treatment oils?

I've always used "oil free" products so when I see the word oil, I run.

Has anyone used it or their other skin oil products? Seems that some European women really love it. Do you think it's like a serum or Estee Lauder's Night Repair Serum? I guess some oils are good, as long as it isn't mineral oil?

Dehydrated Skin

For Dehydrated Skin- Clarins #3 best-selling oil with nearly 85,000 units sold. This face treatment oil revitalizes and restores radiance, improving skin tone. Contains essential oils of rosewood and patchouli and blue orchid extract.

In the evening, after thorough cleansing and toning, apply a small amount to face and neck still damp with Toning Lotion, avoiding the eye contour. Gently dab face with a soft tissue to remove any excess product.
    100% pure plant extracts :
    • Essential oils of Rosewood and Patchouli, Blue Orchid extract: revitalize and tone the epidermis.
    • Hazelnut oil: helps prevent moisture loss and signs of aging.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Well, there is a big difference between the natural, herbal/plant based oils Clarins uses and the commercial mineral/castor oils that show up in many other products. Those mineral oils do clog pores and make you very greasy. However, only oil can cut oil and there are many oils (essential oils like Patchouli and Tea Tree, for example) that actually combat oiliness and many others that improve elasticity and skin texture.

I used to work in a department store cosmetics dept and Clarins is a phenomenal line. The products do what they say even though they are pricey.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

When my skin is really dry I'll used a very thin coating of camelia oil over night. It revitalises my skin right away. I don't ever do this more than once a week tho.

Decleor has a lot of facial oils too, they're very good, but I've never used them at home. I've used other "oil" products (such as leg oil) at home though & really like them.

IMO its all about feeding your skin.... certain oils can be great for stretch marks, scars, etc.
    Free Charmed.

Silver Member

Hype that can be acnegenic for a lot of people. Yeah, they do contain trace amounts of antioxidants but you are probably better off eating lots of fruits and vegetables and using sunscreen to protect your skin from the number one environmental assault by far.

I've never used the Clarins oils but I adore the Decleor range, really do make a difference to my skin - looks much plumper and nourished looking.

The oils are aromessence oils, not mineral based so they sink right into the skin without leaving a greasy film, they are applied before moisturiser.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Exactly!
    I don't understand why anyone would put mineral oils on their face, their place is in my engine.
    Free Charmed.

Very wise, Novice

Count me in as another Decleor and Clarins fan!

Clarins really is amazing. I love their sunscreen- its SPF 45, smells amazing, doesn't upset my skin and actually seems to moisturize as well. Their Neck Cream is divine as well. Its pricey but so worth it.

And I LOVE Decleor products too. They have an incredible body lotion I use but its like $90. I got it on sale though- the price probably means I won't be buying again though.

To answer Chalet's question-
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I've always used "oil free" products so when I see the word oil, I run.

Has anyone used it or their other skin oil products? Seems that some European women really love it. Do you think it's like a serum or Estee Lauder's Night Repair Serum? I guess some oils are good, as long as it isn't mineral oil?
    I have read good things about Nude skincare's cleansing oil. I think that some oil treatments are meant as cleansers, and others are meant as treatments. Before reading about the Nude line, I hadn't heard of using oil as a cleanser. Here's a descrip:
    What it is formulated to do:
    Nude Cleansing Facial Oil is a luxuriously pure and effective detergent-free oil face wash for normal to dry complexions. It allows you to remove makeup and cleanse without stripping skin of needed moisture.

Here are some interesting reviews- I may have to try this stuff:
    hello dollface: Nude Cleansing Oil
    Beauty And The Blog: Cleaning My Face By The Numbers: nude Cleansing Oil

Thanks, Cali. I'm going to read through those.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Well, there is a big difference between
    the natural, herbal/plant based oils Clarins uses and the commercial mineral/castor oils that show up in many other products. Those mineral oils do clog pores and make you very greasy. However, only oil can cut oil and there are many oils (essential oils like Patchouli and Tea Tree, for example) that actually combat oiliness and many others that improve elasticity and skin texture.

I used to work in a department store cosmetics dept and Clarins is a phenomenal line. The products do what they say even though they are pricey.
    Thanks, Crumpet. I've used Clarins Moisturizer SPF 15 in the bottle and a moisturizer in a jar from plant a ton of plant extracts and minerals. The latter made me break out in little pink dots on my chin and jaw. I think it was way too much for my skin - which isn't sensitive.

Oils combat oils - Brilliant. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    When my skin is really dry I'll used a very thin coating of camelia oil over night. It revitalises my skin right away. I don't ever do this more than once a week tho.

Decleor has a lot of facial oils too, they're very good, but I've never used them at home. I've used other "oil" products (such as leg oil) at home though & really like them.

I think I'm going to try something for the changing weather. I'll let Clarins give me the whole schpiel and snag a few samples to see if I like it.

IMO its all about feeding your skin.... certain oils can be great for stretch marks, scars, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    I've never used the Clarins oils but I adore the Decleor range, really do make a difference to my skin - looks much plumper and nourished looking.

The oils are aromessence oils, not mineral based so they sink right into the skin without leaving a greasy film, they are applied before moisturiser.

Yes, I use Vit E oil on my burn scar. It absorbs immediately.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^Jojoba and emu are also incredible for the skin. Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax that is nearly identical to the composition of human skin. It is extremely absorbant and great for skin and hair. Emu looks greasy at first until it absorbs, but it is very good for the skin. It is anti-inflammatory so it is good for acne, extremely moisturizing, and has a healing effect (wonderful for burns/scars). It also has the bonus effect of being a topical analgesic.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emu oil is great but it bloody stinks!

Can someone tell me how you use these oils exactly? Is it the same as a moisturizer?

I'm thinking about getting this from Kiehl's but I want to make sure I know how to use it.
    SUPERBLY RESTORATIVE ARGAN DRY OIL

Made with fairly traded Argan Oil
    Multi-purpose restorative dry oil
    Naturally Derived Emollients
    Provides Healthy Looking Radiant Sheen
    Last edited by Cali; September 30th, 2009 at 02:28 PM.

Thread Information