Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Razor Do You Use?

Default What Kind of Razor Do You Use?

I'm still a slave to a razor for shaving my legs. The idea of waxing my legs - or anything else even more sensitive on my body - is frightening. And I'm a huge pain wuss.

Right now I'm using Bic TwinSelect Sensitive Skin. They come 10 to a bag and we're basically talking two razor blades on a stick here.

I know there has to be a better razor out there, but I can't force myself to fork out $10+ for a razor without knowing anything about it and then hate it.

Anyone use some of the pricer razors and love them?

SVZ

Default Re: What Kind of Razor Do You Use?

i got a mach 3 or whatever as a free trial in the mail. it's nice...i guess, but i dont really shave.

The Venus ones. They're fantastic... close shave, no nicks, etc... but they cost too much for me! I hate spending that much on them, but... I can't go back to the cheap ones.

I used Venus for awhile, then I switched to the Schick Intuition. The blades are a little pricier, but it is the best shave ever. The Intuition is the one where the blades are surrounded by like a block of moisturizer-so you don't need to use shave gel, just shave in the shower (I use the one for sensitive skin, but I've used the cucumber melon scent in the past as well). My legs are SO smooth from it. I'll never go back to the Venus or disposable again.

Is the Intuition any cheaper than Venus? Because I had to borrow my friend's once, and it was a great razor. I don't know how long they last, though. And I can't imagine that it'd be very useful for "bikini areas", since it's so big and blocky.

Nope, not cheaper, little more expensive actually because the blades last a shorter time. I haven't had any trouble using it in the bikini area yet. At first I was hesitant and actually kept my venus for the bikini area, but once I finally tried it everything was fine.

A*O

Meh - I've tried them all and have come to the conclusion that it's better to use a cheapo twin-blade disposable and throw it away after EVERY shave (they don't last twice) than spend a fortune on the fancier versions which you feel you have to use several times to get value for money and end up shredding your legs. It's also important to use a shaving foam/gel/mousse for a really smooth result.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I started using the Old Spice 4x4 disposable last weekend. It has 4 blades and 4 lubrication strips. I was amazed at how well it works - smoothest shave my legs have ever had!
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it on my own!

I've wondered about that Intuition razor before. Didn't really understand how it would be able to get enough soap on my leg before the blade cut the hair.

Truthfully, some of my problem with the disposable razors is that I don't use a good shave gel/creme. I'm prone to just using soap and the results aren't pretty if I don't soak the hair in the tub for about 10 mintues.

Jenni, welcome to the board. Glad you joined us.
    Four blades definately sounds like it could get the job done.

I wondered the same thing about the Intuition before I tried it, but it does a great job. The "shaving solid" is very... lubricating... and hits the hairs just before the razor does... I guess that's enough to get the job done.

I use to use the Intuition razor but after going through three new blades due to them rusting, even though I put it on its little hook hanging upside down, I have switched to Schick Silk Effects. I think I will try the Old Spice 4x4. I spent like 15 freakin minutes trying to figure out what razor to buy.
    I loved the idea that Intuition has of putting a block of soap and a razor together, worked well in the bikini area, I loved the fact I didnt have to lather up my legs. If the blades just wont have rusted I would still be using it now.

Hmm...I use a boring old Trac II and soap. Works just fine, but I'm not that hairy. Plus, I always shower or bathe first, so everything is softened up. I've tried gels, mousses etc. but didn't really like them.

I have done waxing in the past, but won't bother with it again unless I'm going for an extended holiday in the tropics, which isn't likely. *sighs*

PB, you're made of braver stuff than I with that waxing business. The idea makes me want to cry.

I don't find it that painful after the first strip gets torn off! The anticipation is worse than the actual event. Then again, I just got a shot deep in my hip for an injury and the doctor was flabbergasted that I barely moved. It wasn't pleasant, and hurt a lot as he moved the needle around, but I held still and didn't complain.

The doctor said he's had big-time athletes writhe and cry and carry on like babies! The good news is, my hip and leg aren't hurting for the first time in months.

When I have to get a shot or waxed I repeat to myself over and over, "the pain only lasts a few seconds life will go on". Most of the time it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information