Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in search of new foundation, not sure what to get, imagine that

Bronze Member

Default I'm in search of new foundation, not sure what to get, imagine that

...i have a shiny forehead and big pores. so do i go for a powder (as to get rid of the shine) or a liquid (to cover the pores)

...i've tried the whipped stuff, and it was alright but seemed kind of heavy for the summertime. (and i'm in texas where we have face melting temps) the powder seems to enlarge my pores but maybe someone out there has a solution for me??! pretty please!

I just bought the Dior AirFlash airbrush foundation.. I love it. Spray it on the face and then blend it in with the finger tips or a makeup brush.. it's not too heavy and doesn't get cakey. I usually put a light dusting of powder over just to "seal" it in. Only downside is it's pretty pricey.

Bronze Member

hmmm...yeah i am probably needing to buy something at the drugstore price....but sealing it with powder is a good idea...i could probably do that on just my forehead

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Sally Beauty Supply sells Palladio wet/dry powder foundation for $10. Worn dry it is applied with a sponge and gives flawless coverage that is not greasy and fills in pores. Here are the reviews:
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...alladio/Powder

Also, Revlon ColorStay gets very good reviews.

Good luck.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like a TM for summer, it's much lighter in the heat.

If you get super shiney, I recommend MAC blot powder. It soaks up oil, is super light, never gets cakey. the compact costs about $20, lasts a long time.

Any type of liquid or creme foundation should always be powdered over, it gives it staying power.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector is absolutely amazing for pores. You'll need to use another product on top of it - it's not a foundation - but it will weightlessly spackle in those pores and they'll be invisible, and you'll have a smooth surface to then work from. It's not heavy at all, feels like you're wearing nothing. Maybe a tinted moisturizer on top, then a little powder to set it?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    i like a TM for summer, it's much lighter in the heat.

If you get super shiney, I recommend MAC blot powder. It soaks up oil, is super light, never gets cakey. the compact costs about $20, lasts a long time.

Any type of liquid or creme foundation should always be powdered over, it gives it staying power.
    yes a tinted moisterizer!! why didn't i ever think of that? lol i am going to try one.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by jenks5177 View Post
    yes a tinted moisterizer!! why didn't i ever think of that? lol i am going to try one.
    Don't laugh...Wet N Wild has an amazing one for $3.99, spf 15. The reviews have been great, and it gives a matte finish and really decent coverage for a tm.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Don't laugh...Wet N Wild has an amazing one for $3.99, spf 15. The reviews have been great, and it gives a matte finish and really decent coverage for a tm.
    That is exactly what I wear in the summer. I couldn't believe how good it is.

I've been happy using a liquid foundation from Maybelline called Mineral Power. You can apply it a little heavier with a dry sponge for more coverage and it also works well with a wet sponge where you need light coverage. It's not oily and seems to hold up well in heat. Trust me on the heat part! Just dust with a little translucent powder.

If it's evening or you need just a little more coverage, I dust on a LIGHT layer of 1/2 mineral powder and 1/2 translucent powder over the liquid foundation. It gives you face a really nice, smooth finish and the liquid foundation below does a nice job of filling in the pores. If I only use the mineral powder, my pores look like man hole covers.

I've tried the Clinique Pore Minimizer and it works, a bit subtle for me, but I tend to break out if I use it too many days in a row.

OK, now for my redneck hint. TP works just as well as most of the blotting papers. Just remember to blot and not rub. Kleenex doesn't absorb as well. I'm not sure when the blotting papers got so darn expensive, but man...I could go through a pack a day. It would be more expensive than a drug habit!
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Sally Beauty Supply sells Palladio wet/dry powder foundation for $10. Worn dry it is applied with a sponge and gives flawless coverage that is not greasy and fills in pores. Here are the reviews:
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...alladio/Powder

Also, Revlon ColorStay gets very good reviews.

Good luck.
    I second the Palladio rice powder. I use that stuff almost exclusively. It's mostly if not all natural and is cheap, cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    OK, now for my redneck hint. TP works just as well as most of the blotting papers. Just remember to blot and not rub. Kleenex doesn't absorb as well. I'm not sure when the blotting papers got so darn expensive, but man...I could go through a pack a day. It would be more expensive than a drug habit!

Rolling paper too...and it comes in a pack that fits in your purse
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I usually put a light dusting of powder over just to "seal" it in. Only downside is it's pretty pricey.
    The extra money may be worth it.

I'd get something from T. LeClerc. And order online. Or maybe Laura Mercier.

There are tons of products out there. Especially at Target.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Rolling paper too...and it comes in a pack that fits in your purse
    You rock! I'm totally trying it!
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Bronze Member

toilet seat covers are the exact same thing as face blotting papers.

go to sams or costco and buy a box and have blotting papers foreverrrr

...thanks for the great response...i tried looking for the wet n wild tm @ walmart, couldn't find it ...maybe i'll try a pharmacy tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information