Thread: Laser hair removal

fgg

Default Laser hair removal

i'm not that hairy of a person but i'd really like to get a brazilian with laser hair removal because i'm sick of waxing and/or shaving.

have any of you gotten any sort of laser hair removal? if so, how much was it and did you like the results?

my husband got laser on his back a few years ago. IIRC, he went every 6 weeks for about a year & a half. He wasn't a hairy beast or anything, but he did have a few patches of back hair that he hated. I don't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't cheap & most of the hair has grown back. We are not happy about it at all. However, from what I understand, the technology has improved since he had his done. I don't know if it's true or not, & I'm not gonna waste more $ to find out firsthand.

One of my friends recently went to get her under arms done. I would love to be able to go for that to never have to shave or wax under there again! She claimed that it didn't hurt. I'm not sure how many treatments she went for though. But, I've heard from other people who said that it hurt very badly, especially in areas where skin is more sensitive. It's probably a good idea to ask some friends about where they went to get it done and choose one that has the best reputation.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I'm pretty sure you have to be fair skinned to be able to get laser treatment, which sucks since I have a medium complexion. I'd give anything to be free of painful waxes on my no no bits!
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

^ I'm not fair and have had laser.

If it didn't hurt, chances are it didn't work. Unless you get a good numbing cream. You would probably want that for your private bits.

I'm olive skinned and have had laser hair removal on my legs, very coarse hair. Generally the thicker, coarser the hair and the lighter the skin, the better the treatment works. Anyhow, after 2 treatments, last one about seven months ago, I've had about 70% reduction. Usually they say 4-10 treatments are required for satisfactory clearance. I believe my treatment has so far been very successful because I had a very experienced tech doing my treatments using high enough settings (that hurt!) at the appropriate intervals between appointments. For example, legs' hair growth cycles are 2 months, vs. 4-6 weeks for the face. If they know what they're doing, your appointments should reflect this.

So it can work but it depends on using the right type of laser for your skin type and finding a tech with the most experience with the specific laser you'll be using. They are NOT all the same. And if you don't do your research you're pretty much just throwing your $$ away.

This forum is good for research, tells you what to look for, what questions to ask, and has first hand experiences of different people with all kinds of lasers:

Cosmetic Enhancements Forum :: Index

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^Thanks for the link.
    It's somethig I can't wait to do, but it seems so damn expensive.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I did not have a good experience. I had 3 treatments ($1200 total) for stray hairs on my chin and neck (PCOS related). Total waste. I couldn't justify spending more money and 3 years later, the hair is as thick as ever. I am very fair skinned but my facial hair (unfortunately) is dark. The excess hair is my major PCOS symptom.

I'm going back to electrolysis. I've just been too lazy.

If you have PCOS or some other testosterone involved hormonal imbalance, understand that the process could take much longer and therefore be much more expensive than for "normal" folks.

The face is the trickiest part, it often does not respond because hair growth on the face is hormonally sensitive. Imo, they should never have treated you with PCOS, or at least should have warned you that hair would most likely grow back. Some places I went to were upfront about the PCOS issue and how it would not be effective. Most even recommended having hormone levels checked beforehand because it won't work if your hormones are out of wack. The hormones make the hair grow back or activate other dormant follicles. Esp. on the face. Also, this is why you generally shouldn't pay for packages. You never know how effective it will be on any body part, even if it worked on one part, it may not work on another. And it's hard to get your money back in many places.

I've had several treatments on my face and only the thickest darkest hairs responded permanently. It slowed growth for a long time but eventually the finer but still visible hairs grew back after about a year. This was before I had done extensive research so I don't recall what kind of laser it was (not a Yag, which is what I need for my darker skin). It did clear up my acne and gave me glowing skin for about 6 months to a year though. But for hair removal on the face, I would go with electrolysis.

Thread Information