Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are there no 3 inch hot rollers?

Default Why are there no 3 inch hot rollers?

If they are out there I can't find them. I can't even find 2 inch! The biggest they come is 1 3/4 in. It sucks because my hair is long, thick and curly/wavy (more wavy when it's long, the shorter the curlier) with a tendency to frizz. I have three inch regular rollers but I'm not about to sleep on them so I have to sit under a hair dryer, which is extremely inconvenient, or use a large curling iron which also takes a long time and it is very tiresome to do this on my mass of hair. I HAVE to do one or the other or my hair is crazy! Rolling it smooths it out and gives it a lot of body. I don't want the smaller hot rollers because I end up with kink or too much curl. If I want curl all I have to do is scrunch it with mouse or gel when it's damp and I'm all set, so I don't have to go through the rigamarole just for curls. Large enough hot rollers would be a God-send.

Anyway, if you have hair like mine and want the same results I want, what do you do? Have you found 3 inch hot rollers? WHERE???

I have a 2" curling iron, but I have never seen hot rollers that large...(and even tracking that curling iron down is a pain)

I have seen 2 and 3 "velcro rollers with ceramic or metal inside, which you could heat with a blow dryer....i know it's not quite the same though

DIANE IONIC CERAMIC THERMAL ROLLER 3" PURPLE (2 COUNT) #5027
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Try this: Have hair almost dry. Heat section with hair dryer & use jumbo velcro ones. You only have to leave them in a short time-I then heat it all over with hot hair dyer & let stay till cool. I have to do that because my hair is too straight!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

McJag, I do that. You have to understand that several hairdressers have told me they have NEVER seen a client with hair as thick as mine. I want the large hot rollers so I can roll it up and forget about it for a while, take it down and voila! Everything else is like an act of Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    McJag, I do that. You have to understand that several hairdressers have told me they have NEVER seen a client with hair as thick as mine. I want the large hot rollers so I can roll it up and forget about it for a while, take it down and voila! Everything else is like an act of Congress.
    If you can find them,let me know! I just had to improvise. I.too have very thick hair-it's a pain even arror straight. I used to have one friend with REALLY curly hair who rolled hers on ORANGE JUICE CANS! With both ends cut out. Looked weird,but it worked.If you could figure a way to heat them,that might work.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    If you can find them,let me know! I just had to improvise. I.too have very thick hair-it's a pain even arror straight. I used to have one friend with REALLY curly hair who rolled hers on ORANGE JUICE CANS! With both ends cut out. Looked weird,but it worked.If you could figure a way to heat them,that might work.
    Lol, I did that years ago! Believe me, I've tried everything. I've even done the sock thing but my hair wouldn't cooperate enough for me to get a sufficient amount of hair on one so I ended up with too much curl. Like I said, I don't need to put myself out to get curls.

You know, it really bugs me that they don't make 3 inch hot rollers. It's like the industry is backing people with hair like mine into a corner. You either have to buy a large curling iron (I have one of those large brush/blow curlers that works pretty well but it's actually more time consuming than a regular curling iron ) and spend an inordinate amount of time, or buy regular rollers and a hair dryer, or sleep on the damn things. It's not like they don't have the technology to go to a larger size, and surely they must have perceived the need for them long ago?

you need to go back to the 70's i think
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^Well, I would cut my hair short, and it has been short many times in my life, but for me maintaining short hair is a bitch. It curls and kinks and frizzes a helluva lot worse than when it's long. It's not like I don't put the effort into making it look good now, I'm just looking for short-cuts.

Gold Member

I know they have them, my mother had them, in the 70s, lol.

This is the best I could find, Amazon.com: Velcro Hair Rollers 12-super Size Rollers ** 6 - 3" Red And 6 - 2.5" Blue Rollers: Health & Personal Care. Of course they gotta throw the 2.5" in there for spite, lol.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

I was just gonna mention orange juice cans and saw it upthread. MY mom remembers several women who used to do this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm looking for 3" hot rollers. Those would be far, far less time consuming than conventional rollers you either have to sleep on or take the time to sit under a dryer. I have no friggin idea why they don't make them.

So I found a solution. Cleaning out my hubby's sock drawer the other day I came across an old, ridiculously long tube sock. That night after I washed my hair I bent over and rolled my entire head of hair in it, tied it up, and put a scarf around my head. No problems sleeping on it. The next morning it wasn't completely dry but it only took about ten minutes with a blow dryer to finish it up. When I took it down it was smooth and full of body, exactly the results I wanted. Yay.

Hi! I'm New Here!

Default Hi I have a question about using rollers for more body in your hair

I am also looking for 2-3 inch hot rollers. I have no idea why they don't make it! i love the classy look larger hot rollers achieve. ANYHOO

I was curious how do you use a sock to create body in your hair? And also how do you use cans? I have hair slightly past the shoulder, not too thick, and pin straight and kind of flat.

Any help would be appreciated

Sasha you shoul get out there and pattent the new and improved 3 inch rollers! I have long ass hair and would LOVE some as so many on this thread would!
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    So I found a solution. Cleaning out my hubby's sock drawer the other day I came across an old, ridiculously long tube sock. That night after I washed my hair I bent over and rolled my entire head of hair in it, tied it up, and put a scarf around my head. No problems sleeping on it. The next morning it wasn't completely dry but it only took about ten minutes with a blow dryer to finish it up. When I took it down it was smooth and full of body, exactly the results I wanted. Yay.
    OK-you are saying you stuffed all of your hair in a long SOCK? Then you finished drying your hair with it still stuffed in the sock? Is that right??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information