Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moisturizers leave me greasy!!

Bronze Member

Default Moisturizers leave me greasy!!

Hi

I was guided to this forum via a thread posted by a user on Moisturisers. This user appeared to know what they were talking about but since I can't private message them (it appears to be switched off) I've decided to ask you lovely people all things concerning my dilemma.

Basically - Moisturisers, do I need them?

I bought, via a piece of advice, a moisturiser (for men) which just leaves me looking oily and greasy. I must admit, I hate it. I guess I have the odd black head and close up some pores show (whose doesn't?) but I have since being recommended this considered if I really do need products for skin care.

A long time ago a good friend told me the best product for washing your face is water and a daily shower. It seemed to do the trick as nobody every complained and I never looked bad, well, as far as I could see.

So basically, I was wondering if people could help me out. I have a dryish spot on my forehead, erm... lol, that's about it I think. Everything else is human.

Welcome! Everyone's skin and the climate they live in is different so while I cannot walk out of the bathroom without slathering on tons of face and body or I am distinctively lizard-like, others are fine without. You should use a light sunscreen though.

I use Aveeno for body and face in the summer and DHC in the winter. And lots of chapstick, but I live in Montana where there's no moisture in the air.

If moisturizers leave you looking greasy, try opting for an oil free one.

I'm assuming you're a guy? But even if not, Clean and Clear do a great and cheap oil free moisturiser which is good for the skin and works excellent. However if you're female, it can tend to make your foundation go a bit patchy if you don't let it set first, but if you don't wear foundation and just use powder it's good.

Goodluck
    ssabmud

SVZ

The most important part of a daily moisturizer is a sunscreen. Check out the Neutrogena Sheer Touch sunscreens they are very mattifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Folieadeux View Post
    If moisturizers leave you looking greasy, try opting for an oil free one.
    Agree. Oil-free is all I use. And also agree with what SVZ said about sunscreen.

VERY important!

Moisturizers are important for the skin and they can help stave off aging effects.

I'm a big fan of Complex 15 moisturizer- my dermatologist recommended it for me because I have cystic acne and the medications dry my skin out. Its just fantastic- soaks in quickly and doesn't leave me greasy at all. You may have to ask your local drugstore to order it but it is so worth it.

Here's a bit about the product:
    • Dermatologist recommended
    • CONTAINS PHOSPHOLIPIDS: which restore & maintain natural moisture balance in dry, sensitive skin
    COMPLEX 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream:
    • Formulated for mild to severe dry skin with a system modeled from nature.
    • Contains lecithin, a phospholipid water-binding agent found naturally in the skin.
    • Nongreasy and absorbs quickly into the skin.
    • Unscented, contains no parabens, lanolin or mineral oil.
    • Proven to be hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, and fragrance-free.
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=16832&catid=151&brand=8694&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=151&trxp2=16832&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=B UY-PLST-0-BRAND

Biore has one that came with a box of pore strips. it is an oil-free serum of some type. tried it last night, not greasy at all.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

you can always just spot moisturize too..

I've always had oily skin, so when i was younger, I skipped moisturizer on my face unless i needed it. Just stuck to eye cream and a sunblock
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Silver Member

Sunscreen minimizes elective damage, Retin-A or Tazorac minimizes the rest. They are the keys to good skin.

All moisturizers do is temporarily relieve dryness and temporarily plump up the skin. If you are not dry you don't need one and if you are breakout-prone they will probably break you out, even if they are marked "oil-free" (which is hardly ever true) or "acne-safe" (ditto).

Eucerin Sensitive Skin lotion (sold at Walmart and drug stores) works great for my skin...and I have tried them all-it comes in a white bottle with a peach colored pump top...
    Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not

I have the same problem - most moisturisers just end up making me shiny and sliding off my face, or else I end up having some sort of allergic reaction to them.
    I've found the best thing for my oily skin is to use witch hazel as a toner first, as it doesn't overdry (and create compensating oiliness) and follow with a sunscreen and eye cream, as many have pointed out. (I use a cancer council SPF 30 for my pasty face, and it seems to be almost oil free)
    The other thing I find works well is a primer - Benefits Dr Feelgood has actually improved my skin, almost wiped out my blackheads, and feels amazing on. Can't recommend it enough!
    I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future

I like this stuff & the Equate knock-off of it. It's oil-free, paba-free, SPF 15 and specifically for sensitive skin.

I have this greasy problem with sunscreen.

^ I always have, too. The dermatologist I went to suggested I use Clinique, Neutrogena, Aveeno - all kinds of stuff. It all made me greasy and the Clinique made me break out something fierce. So far so good on the Olay stuff - no greasies and my make-up doesn't feel like it wants to slide off, but SPF 15 feels a bit low to me. I'd rather it was 30, but I figure if it were, I'd get oily.

i work in skincare. moisturizer is a very important step. if you're skin is really oily Origins has a great one called "Matte Scientist". (you can find it on Origins | Welcome to Origins) its an oil free moisturizer, (paraben free, petroleum free, synthetic fragrance free, etc) and it has white china clay in it to absorb any excess oil all day long. it works well under makeup too. wash your face with a good cleanser, use a balancing toner and a light weight moisturizer and sunscreen is what i'd recommend if you came in to my store.
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information