Thread: Placenta imported from Italy to cure baldness

Silver Member

Default Placenta imported from Italy to cure baldness

Baldness. My Mom insists it exsists. She
    Believes it will help her thinning hair.
    I have never heard if any such product,
    If anyone has pm me or post it here!
    Thanks!

Default Re: Placentia imported from Italy to cure

There are apparently a lot of products with placenta in it, but here's what Paula Begoun says about it:
    placenta. The nourishing lining of the womb that protects and supports human and animal fetuses during prenatal development. The placenta is linked to the uterus and regulates metabolic changes. Placenta does not have anti-aging or rejuvenating effects on skin.

placenta extract. Obtained from the afterbirth of animals, it is supposed to have rejuvenating properties for skin, but this claim has never been proven in research of any kind. Much like any part of a human or animal body, the placenta is a source of proteins and amino acids that have water-binding and antioxidant properties (Sources: Placenta, July 2002, pages 497–502; and Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, November 2000, pages 2478–2481). These are helpful for skin, but no more so than hundreds of other ingredients with similar or superior attributes. Due to the concern about Mad Cow Disease, ingredients of this nature are best avoided.
    I'd say it's not worth the cost, and there are other options that are probably a lot better for you.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/di...PE=SEARCH&ID=P

A*O

When I gave birth the first time I asked the nurse what happens to the afterbirth/placenta and she said that the hospital sells them to cosmetics companies. She was so straightfaced and matter of fact about it I think I believe her.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^ Is it OK for a vegetarian?
    Nope.

that might be the single most disgusting thought ever to enter my brain
    MONKEYMIX you have done me wrong
    bum gone bad

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    I read part of a birthing book that said women still sometimes opt to eat their own placenta. If you want to do that, you have to let the doctor know beforehand so they will give it to you.
    My sister is 7 months pregnant, and we were talking about the delivery. I asked her if she was going to eat her placenta or share it with me, and she ran to the bathroom and threw up.

I then told her I wanted it to make shampoo, and she told me to leave her house.

Do people seriously eat the placenta? The thought is turning my stomach pretty heavily right now.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Someone I know kept her placenta and planted a tree with it afterwards. I think it would be nice to do something commemorative like that.
    My mom on the other hand, kept a piece of umbilical cord (this is very common in my culture) that was attached to me and her. She has it in a little glass vial and used to show it to me when I was little if I was acting up/being rebellious, saying things like "I hurt my stomach to give birth to you!!! Here, this is the proof you were once inside of me!!!!"

It's all dried up and mummified so it's kind of scary looking.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Elite Member

Dogs eat the placenta after they give birth, I believe I cannot believe the hospital sold my placentas (placentae? placentum?) to a cosmetics company! I want a credit on my bill!

Zee

Default Re: Placenta imported from Italy to cure baldness

My cousin and I were pregnant at the same time. I have no idea where her in-laws are from, but they made soup out of her placenta. They were appalled that we didn't do the same for our child. Something to do with luck for the infant.

We collected cord blood and had a pizza delivered. Silly me.

I always wondered if the pharmaceutical companies were extracting HCG from the placentas. Anybody know?
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb
    My sister is 7 months pregnant, and we were talking about the delivery. I asked her if she was going to eat her placenta or share it with me, and she ran to the bathroom and threw up.

I then told her I wanted it to make shampoo, and she told me to leave her house.

Do people seriously eat the placenta? The thought is turning my stomach pretty heavily right now.
    Yes they do! I saw a guy on Howard Stern who fried up and ate the placenta of his third child. He just fried it up and ate it like it was liver. the same guy was also on with his brother to see who was the hottest so they both stripped and were judged on the show...lol(the guy had also eaten the placentas of the first two kids as well...saw it as some sort of bonding thing).

Default Re: Placenta imported from Italy to cure baldness

this is so wrong. i cant believe this post is still going. it is like smelling milk when it has gone bad because you just cant believe anything could smell so bad. what about dehydrated placenta you sprinkle on your morning oats...yum protein!
    bum gone bad

Thread Information