Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which deodorant do you use?

Default Which deodorant do you use?

I am having the hardest time finding a deodorant. I cant stand deodorant that leaves the white crusty crap under your arms or shirt. Any suggestions.
    And personally I think they jip women when it comes to deodorant. Why with men's they get more for the same price as a woman's but the size is much smaller? My mom uses men's deodorant but Im finding that the clear stick/gel they are all scented. I was using a woman's deodorant and it was a clear gel but seems they stopped making it due to lack of demand. Crap I say.

Default Re: Deoderant

The Dove deoderant solid (original scent or unscented) is every bit as good as the commercials say. Even though it's white, it doesn't leave the white stuff as much, it completely eliminates odor, and makes your armpits silky smooth to boot. Now if they could just add a hair minimizing aspect to it, it would be perfect... (In all seriousness, though, the Jergen's hair minimizing moisturizer rocks!)

Last week I had taken my shower, shaved my pits and forgot I had ran out of deodorant so I had to use my husband's. OH MY GOD. I had cut my underarm and when I put that deodorant on I literally screamed. It burned like a MoFo.

Dove deodorant just doesn't work for me. No odor whatsoever, but I still sweat like a pig, enough to give me serious pit stains. NEED RECCOMENDATIONS. Urgently.
    2 years...

I have to change around deodorants. It ticks me off. My daughter is blessed with not having the sweat glands I do/did. In high school I had the worst trouble with it. I don't stink, just sweat.

Anyway, the Dove does work great for me - for a while. Right now, I'm using the Almay deodorant - it's the best I've used in a while, but no telling how long I'll be able to go with it.

Changing deodorants works? I'll try it.
    2 years...

Nawdle, a deodorant does just that - deodorizes. To stop sweating, you would need an antiperspirant. A lot of lines have a combo of the two, which usually work well. And I second the Dove recommendation.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I have very sensitive skin and a lot of deodorants/antiperspirants break me out, but the Dove is great! It's gentle on your skin, but works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati
    Nawdle, a deodorant does just that - deodorizes. To stop sweating, you would need an antiperspirant. A lot of lines have a combo of the two, which usually work well. And I second the Dove recommendation.
    But the Dove thingy I'm using is an antiperspirant!
    2 years...

I've been using Degree for women (in the baby powder scent ) for a really long time now. It works for me and I don't sweat up a storm when I wear it (its deodorant and antiperspirant). Plus I can usually find a 2 for 1 pack of the powder scent.

Yes, I still sweat a lot on Dove, but at least it doesn't smell. I think the best solutions to the sweat problem are:

1) Only wearing natural fibres (def. not lycra, spandex, polyester, or blends thereof)

but of course no one wants to eliminate so many fashionable choices from their wardrobe so you can also use:

2) I hear Certain-Dri is good; you apply it at night, and eventually it builds up the...sweat tolerance? of your armpit and you don't need it as much. There is also the prescriptioin DrySol.

or, for the really desperate (and rich), you can also

3) Botox your armpits, which is what celebs do so they don't stain their very expensive gowns, or anything, for that matter.

Gold Member

I've found that Secret's Invisible Solid (no white marks, YAY!) works the best for me. I'm one of those that's had to carry an anti-perspirant/deoderant with her at all times since the 4th grade. I just sweat alot, I don't even have to be doing anything. Weirder still is when just my right arm pit is sweating. Either way, I'm pretty impressed with Secret. Plus, my arm pits are pretty sensitive, I've used some brands that BURN when I put them on, I light up like a firecracker under there!

I love Old Spice original stick because it isnt an antipersperant (spelling?) and it gives off that spicey scent that men love but never expect on a woman...rarrh
    bum gone bad

Yeah, I refer to them generally as "deodorants" when really it's the anti-perspirant that I'm concerned about.

The active ingredients are generally the same, with some variation in concentration. I guess for me it's the combination of the active and added ingredients that causes me to need to switch. As for developing a tolerance, that doesn't seem to help me, only to make it less effective.

I've tried pretty much every drug store brand deodorant/anti-perspirant out there. Nothing works for more than a couple bottles before I have to switch.

It's probably hormonal, and I've had this problem pretty much since i hit puberty.

omg..i tried that Certain-Dri when i was in high school. it was HORRIBLE! it cut back on the sweating somewhat but omg it burned sooo bad! my armpits broke out in a horrible rash and my skin hurt so bad like it was on fire! it got so sore that i didn't even want to move my arms around b/c the skin hurt so bad.

now for the past couple of years i've been using Secret Platinum in the soft solid. it comes in quite a few scents and works good at keeping me dry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information